How to Help Your Community
Vermillion Victory Bonds
Visit the Vermillion Gift Card Marketplace to purchase your very own Vermillion Victory Bonds.
Support participating businesses by purchasing discounted gift cards.
Show how you #LOVermillion and #UniteVermillion.Shop Now
Now more than ever, we are in need of plasma donations! The medical community is currently experiencing a loss of plasma donors and national supplies are in dire need of being restocked. Plasma donations play an essential part in manufacturing life-saving vaccines and cures. In efforts to maintain essential operations necessary to keep up with plasma demands, plasma centers are taking additional measures in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Donors are compensated for their plasma, which is an added bonus at a time where many businesses are closing their doors to quarantine.
Please consider assisting in our nation’s time of need and donating plasma. To donate, schedule your visit online at Biotest’s website. Walk-ins will not be accepted at this time.Schedule a Donation
Chamber Member Hot Deals
Being a Chamber member of the VCDC provides the opportunity to showcase your businesses current Hot Deals – advertise any sales you have going on; special discounts available or ongoing promotions.Available Hot Deals
The VCDC is accessing and following health information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Here are the top 7 tips to keep you healthy:
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.
- If you have had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you are under testing for suspected exposure to COVID-19, you are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- If you visit a location identified as the highest notice level, ‘Warning Level 3’, you are expected to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
Protecting your mental health throughout the Coronavirus outbreak
If you are struggling with the current evolving situation related to COVID-19 and all the changes occurring in your town, state, country and across the world, know that it is okay to ask for help.
If you need help handling your stress, anxiety or the situation you are faced with, it’s okay to call. Here are some places to call when the stress is too much.
Heartland Psychological Services – 605.665.0841
Your local Doctor or Medical Clinic
National Suicide Prevention Hotline – 1.800.273.8255
In light of the national shortage for FDA regulated facemasks, it is necessary to identify alternative means of protection from COVID-19, such as alternative facemasks. Alternative facemasks are homemade or manufactured facemasks that are not regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but can serve as source control to limit transmission of the virus.
The Minnesota Department of Health has put together guidance on when it is appropriate to use alternative facemasks and various ways to create your own. Visit the link below to view these guidelines and to access templates for how to create your own facemask.